Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers in the world. You get lots of extensions that help you to perform daily tasks easily. In the sea of web browsers that include Safari, Firefox, if you make Google Chrome your default browser, every link you click on will only open in that web browser.
Here’s a quick guide on how you can make Chrome your default web browser on Windows 10, Windows 11, and Mac.
How to Make Google Chrome the Default Browser
- Go to the Start menu in the lower left corner
- Settings > Apps > Default apps
- Select “Google Chrome” or search for it if you don’t see it already
- Click on the Set as default option right in front of “Make Google Chrome your default browser”
- Review the file types and click on the “Set as default” button
- Open the start menu and go to settings
- Open default apps
- At the bottom, under the “Web browser” category (marked as Microsoft Edge)
- Click “Google Chrome” under the “Choose an app” window
- Open Google Chrome
- Click in the upper right corner “more”
- Tap “Settings”
- Go to the “Default browser” section and click on Set as default
- If you don’t see this button, Chrome is already your default web browser
- On an Android phone, go to Settings
- Tap Apps & notifications
- Tap “Advanced”
- Select “Default apps”
- Tap “Browser Apps > Chrome
- On iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app
- Tap More > Settings
- Tap the default browser
- Tap Open Chrome Settings, then Default Browser App
- Set Chrome as the default browser app
For the uninitiated, Internet Explorer, one of the oldest web browsers, was officially shut down on June 15. Microsoft released Internet Explorer on August 16, 1995, as an add-on for Windows 95. Later, it was included in Windows 95. -Powered PCs.
The post How to Create Default Google Chrome Browser appeared first on BGR India.