This tutorial is about how to load Mozilla Firefox on Google TV. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
Firefox or Mozilla Firefox is one of the best web browsers to use with Google Chrome. It is compatible with all kinds of platforms that support internet connection. As with Chromecast with Google TV, Firefox is not available as a standalone browser. Since Google TV was designed for streaming purposes, it is not compatible with Firefox, Chrome or other popular web browsers. However, you can download the Android version of Firefox on Google TV to browse web pages on larger screens. In the Google TV Store you will find web browsers with limited functions.
Moreover, you can track your important websites with bookmarks, pin tabs, and screenshot features. It offers dark mode and low-light browsing features that help prevent eye strain. Although Google TV is considered the best streaming device, unfortunately you cannot find Mozilla Firefox on Google TV. In this case, you can download Mozilla Firefox on your Google TV and browse the website on the big TV screen.
How to Download Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
The only way to install Mozilla Firefox is to use the sideload method. Therefore, you need to install the Google TV downloader to get started.
- Turn on your Google TV and go to the home screen.
- Select the Apps tab.
- Then choose Search apps.
- Search for Downloader and choose the same app from the search result.
- Select the Install button to get the downloader for your Google TV.
Enable installation of apps from unknown sources
To install apps on your Google TV other than the Play Store, you need to enable the Unknown Sources option. So, follow the steps below to do the same.
- Open Settings on your Google TV.
- Select System in Settings.
- Choose About.
- Select the Android TV OS version in the About section 7 times.
- You are now a developer.
- Then go back to settings.
- Select App.
- Then choose Security and Restrictions.
- Select the Unknown Sources option.
- In the Install unknown apps section, enable Downloader.
- Now you have successfully activated the Downloader.
Install Mozilla Firefox on Google TV using a downloader
- Now open the Downloader app on your Google TV.
- In the URL box, enter the URL for the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox application.
- Select the Go button to download the Mozilla Firefox application.
- Then select the Install button.
- Now you have successfully installed Mozilla Firefox browser on your Google TV.
- After installation, start Mozilla Firefox.
- Now you can search anything you want in Mozilla Firefox using either the search box or the URL box.
Final Words: How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
Hope you understand this article How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.