Almost no one’s data is safe in the fastest digital world. From Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, each platform is likely to disclose personal information. But one of the most used search engines, Google, is ready to fix your dangerous passwords with a free add-on feature called “Password Check”. The feature was first introduced in 2019 to enhance online security. Read also – Attention! Millions of Google Chrome users at risk: update browser immediately, follow these steps
After introducing Google Chrome’s new privacy feature, you have a variety of options for creating strong passwords. In addition, an alert is sent to Google Chrome for the creation of a weak password. The Password Checker tells you three things about passwords. The first is whether your password has been hacked or not. Second, reused passwords, and third, which are your Google accounts with weak passwords. Also Read – How To Update Google Chrome Browser To Latest Version
Here you will find all the websites and apps that will be linked to your Google account. You will have the option to change or modify the password for each application or website. In addition, a delete option will also be available. When you click the Remove button, you will be prompted for information about the user. Note that this will only work if you have saved the password for one of your Google accounts on the Internet. Also Read – Does Google Chrome Send Enhanced Safe Browsing Notifications? Know everything here
How to check if your password is leaked
- You can find out if any of your passwords have been leaked by going to Google’s password manager.
- For that, you have to go to passwords.google.com.
- After that, the password manager will open, in which you will have the option to verify the password.
- Now Google will ask you for the password of Gmail already logged into this system.
- After entering the password, Google will tell you whether or not your online credentials have been used.
- It will also indicate whether your password has been disclosed or not.
Verify Passwords Disclosed
- Open your phone settings
- Go to System then Languages and input
- Click on Advanced
- Find and tap the autofill service.
- Tap Google to make sure the setting is turned on for Google services.
Things to keep in mind when creating a password
- To prevent your password from being compromised, create a password that must contain numbers and special characters.
- Do not keep the same password for all of your accounts.
- You should be careful before registering your bank details online.
- When creating a social media account, turn on two-step verification. It protects your account from hackers.
- Never rely on public Wi-Fi.
- Always save your data to Google Drive or another cloud service.